Anyone level their Xpedition

Rcrook

Mar 1, 2024
Arkansas
Have the ADV 4 seater, the front looks like its nose diving, could come up an 1"or 2", anyone fooled around with the shocks and level it out, if so how much? thanks

Yes the stock springs seem to start sagging pretty quickly. I converted to shock therapy dual rate springs to eliminate this but have spent more time messing with the old and new springs and ride height than I care to mention. For me it was easier to just pull the front shocks and adjust off the machine, reduces busted knuckles, bloody fingers and swearing. If you want to come up an inch start with adding a half inch of preload, see where you are at and go from there. Don’t forget to drive and reset suspension after adjustment before you measure ride height.

Have the ADV 4 seater, the front looks like its nose diving, could come up an 1"or 2", anyone fooled around with the shocks and level it out, if so how much? thanks
Every Xpedition I’ve worked on has come from the factory with the spring preload set clear at the top. None of them have been at the advertised ride height so the need for adjustment is pretty much a given.
Like BadXP said, it’s well worth removing the shocks to do the adjustment. Also worth noting for adjustments, the rear shocks are 1:1 and the front shocks are 2:1 adjustment. So if you need 1.5” higher on both front and rear height, you’d run the preload nut down 1.5” on the back and 0.75” on the front.

Also as has been said, stock springs tend to sag in, so it’s better to put a couple hundred miles on them before adjusting so that you’re not adjusting them multiple times.

My Xpedition was spot on for ride height when I picked it up from the dealer. 14" under the front and rear, I'd say the springs were 5/8"-3/4" down from the top.

Your dealer must be checking and adjusting them pre delivery 👍🏻

I’ve just finished adjusting the 6th Xpeditions ride height. Every one of them were bottomed out on the rear and 3/8 down on the front.

(Also an update on adjustments, rear shocks are 2:1… I was told 1:1 on the rears but found out differently from doing them.)

Your dealer must be checking and adjusting them pre delivery 👍🏻

I’ve just finished adjusting the 6th Xpeditions ride height. Every one of them were bottomed out on the rear and 3/8 down on the front.

(Also an update on adjustments, rear shocks are 2:1… I was told 1:1 on the rears but found out differently from doing them.)
Sooooo both ends are 2:1 ?????

Sooooo both ends are 2:1 ?????
Closer to 3:1 on the front.
We’ve also found some pretty significant differences between XP and ADV springs. My guess is they have different spring rates. Moreso on the orange ADV than the others.

Of the machines I’ve adjusted so far, The gray XP Ultimate has always taken the most preload to get it to the advertised ride height and the orange ADV Northstar takes the least. Green XP Northstars haven’t seemed to sag in on the springs as bad as the Gray XPs or blue ADVs.
while I’d expect a little difference in spring rates between Northstar and Ultimate, it appears to be more along the lines of the colors. That said I haven’t worked on any ADV Ultimates yet so I can’t say for sure.

Can you post a few pics of your springs?
If you check your manual, they list all of the preload specs/dimensions in there. My unit is a 2 door XP Northstar.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 22
Back