HCR Mid Travel Kit Questions

brocktwitch

Apr 29, 2024
Utah
Hey all, my name is Brock Twitchell and I work at HCR Suspension. I wanted to open this up and see if anyone has any questions I can help answer about our Mid Travel Kit for the Xpedition, or the difference between our kit and others on the market.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC09897.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC09897.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 25
Hey all, my name is Brock Twitchell and I work at HCR Suspension. I wanted to open this up and see if anyone has any questions I can help answer about our Mid Travel Kit for the Xpedition, or the difference between our kit and others on the market.
Hi Brock I do have a question. Does the kits move the front tires forward any or the rear tires backwards. I want to get a kit but Im tight for space in the toyhauler.

What is the "mid travel" kit and what will it do for me ?
Great question. The HCR Mid Travel is a 72" inch kit, that's the hub to hub measurement. With out getting too in depth (unless you would like me to) I would like to narrow it down with three main benefits:
  1. Lower Shock Mount: This alone helps tremendously with the feedback in the steering wheel, for example chatter bumps, ruts & overall control. Lower arm shock mount is now very popular with other machines like the Polaris Pro R / Turbo R. If you have driven one of those you can certainly appreciate what that does for maneuverability and control. It's especially beneficial on a heavy machine like the Xpedition, which was a big motivator in going with a lower shock mount design on this kit rather than factory upper arm location.
  2. Width: I can confidently say with the added width (+4 inches per side added) and ability to run 35" tires dramatically improved the ride quality over stock. It won't necessarily completely rid you of the top-heavy feel, but the actual use of wheel travel and stability you will notice immediately. That's on rough trails, sand dunes or whatever type of riding you do you will see and feel the improvement.
  3. Our material, warranty & real-world testing. We can proudly say all our products are hand tig welded and tested with our own proprietary material right here in Cedar City, Utah. We stand behind our premium line which includes the Xpedition kit with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
If you're curious why this is defined as a Mid Travel kit, with the current industry standards and the rapid evolution of side by sides over the last few years, metrics have definitely changed on the new normal for long travel and mid travel systems.

Last edited:
Hi Brock I do have a question. Does the kits move the front tires forward any or the rear tires backwards. I want to get a kit but Im tight for space in the toyhauler.
Another great question, the front arms are forward an inch.

With wheels and tires on our machine we are at 152 inches of wheelbase and about 77 inches wide.

Last edited:
Perfect. Also can I use the Shock Therapy Spring Kit or is the spring kit you have a dual rate kit?
Absolutely, our suggestion is just making sure you know the end weight with added accessories you may have. I wouldn't worry too much about passenger weight.

Another great question, the front arms are forward an inch.

With wheels and tires on our machine we are at 152 inches of wheelbase and about 77 inches wide.
Way too wide in my opinion. A total width of 72" would be great. My Turbo R is around 78". Had to get a new trailer 83" wide and way to wide for some wooded trails. 72" like my stepdaughter's Can AM Maverick is about perfect. That would give me 4" extra width on each side.

Back