Factory clutch kit

RicB

Nov 5, 2023
Michigan
How can I confirm that the clutch kit was installed by my dealer before I took delivery? Does anyone have some before & after rpm readings I can compare to?

Can anyone confirm clutch kit with 35s? I currently run the gillmen clutch kit, it was the only thing out at the time. Sitting at 500ish miles I’m 90% sure after riding last night belts already slipping which is crazy. Thinking about having Polaris do their update but unsure with 35s and long travel how that will affect it.

Has anyone tried the Gilomen “quiet” kit? I got the factory kit installed and it helped quite a bit. Wondered if the Gilomen kit was any quieter than the free kit?

Can anyone confirm clutch kit with 35s? I currently run the gillmen clutch kit, it was the only thing out at the time. Sitting at 500ish miles I’m 90% sure after riding last night belts already slipping which is crazy. Thinking about having Polaris do their update but unsure with 35s and long travel how that will affect
Can anyone confirm clutch kit with 35s? I currently run the gillmen clutch kit, it was the only thing out at the time. Sitting at 500ish miles I’m 90% sure after riding last night belts already slipping which is crazy. Thinking about having Polaris do their update but unsure with 35s and long travel how that will affect it.
I wanted to do 32’s with the factory kit and the dealer was saying they wouldn’t recommend it. Would potentially impact warranty…. Might have just been blowing smoke…

My warranty is toast over my long travel and 35s already I’m sure. I did change my belt out last night to a gboost works best belt and as weird as it sounds it helped significantly. Bro in law burnt my other belt off while driving and I was always turning 7800 rpm’s +. Last night after the swap engagement was closer to 6700 range but didn’t have to give as much fuel for it to get going was the biggest difference. Would have never believed it if I didn’t see it first hand.

That is crazy! I am going to call Gilomen today to see if they know what the difference would be from the Polaris solution to their solution. They definitely said their solution would impact power, but from what I can tell the Polaris on didn't.

The power loss is relative to your driving style. If all you do is trails and basic cruising, you’ll likely never notice a difference. The Prostar II motor is designed for performance at high rpm, so if you normally run full out, throttle to the floor style, then you’ll notice some power loss. It’s not a huge difference, but enough to notice.
Anyone that’s looking for more performance and doesn’t care about the noise, typically tune and clutch for more rpm.
Another thing with the Prostar II motor is that it was designed for the higher gearing of the RZR 1000XP. Because of the low gearing on the Xpedition, larger tires (to a point) actually improve the performance.

Thanks for the input. I am going to compare this to my RPMs with the Polaris only kit. Initially these ROMs look much lower than I am currently running with the Polaris weights.
IMG_5781.png

Back