Fix the brakes

Just got my ADV5 a couple days ago and got to get some seat time this morning. First thing I noticed was the brakes are horrible. Super spongy pedal. Not getting any pressure until near the floorboard. I am going to bleed them and see if that helps. Other than the brakes so far I love this thing but if I can’t stop it I don’t want it lol..

That's strange because all of my Polaris vehicles have had good brakes. I'm hoping that there's just some air in the lines and bleeding them helps solve the issue.

If bleeding them fixed it. That’s a major safety concern for Polaris to address asap! You’re the Second one in here with that concern.

That's strange because all of my Polaris vehicles have had good brakes. I'm hoping that there's just some air in the lines and bleeding them helps solve the issue.
The brakes on my Turbo R were bad at first, I don't notice it now. My Xpedition brakes don't feel so great either. After another hundred miles or so I think they will seat like the Turbo R did.

Just got my ADV5 a couple days ago and got to get some seat time this morning. First thing I noticed was the brakes are horrible. Super spongy pedal. Not getting any pressure until near the floorboard. I am going to bleed them and see if that helps. Other than the brakes so far I love this thing but if I can’t stop it I don’t want it lol..
Similar issue with mine. Blamed it on dealer in my mind at first. The more I used it the better they seemed to work. Definitely not a responsive stop still.

No .
I think the problem is it's because the machine is so heavy.
When I got my new turbo r a couple years ago I noticed its brakes weren't very good either. It's quite a bit heavy than my old XP Turbo

This^^^
Everyone forgets this machine is near 3k pounds (mine is xp4 and loaded in bed). I think still it compares or is just a touch better than my can am x3 rs max. Those things are terrible in brakes and steering. That’s one thing I can say from switching is the 4x4, steering, and general feel of machine is better. I still dislike the locked rear diff, makes me feel like the ass of machine is always behind. Just a minor complaint though in comparison. I love the feel of Polaris and wished I would have tried one sooner. I hated buddies turbo s he had so that always kind of turned me away from them. Just my 2 cents🤷‍♂️

FWIW : My ADV 5 is damn heavy with spare, extra gas, water, separate canopy, rack, farm jack, compressor, tools+, over sized tires/rims; water jug, etc. Larger/better brakes would be nirvana. However, I did take it back into the dealer complaining of travel and sponge. They were able to improve it by 50 to 60 percent. don't know if they bled, adjusted (where?). Also, I did buy the extended warranty which won't help with normal wear. But being a 2024 first year it has obvious design incompatibilities and faulty individual components. I still love the hell out of it when it's not in the shop.

My Xpedition 5 has pretty lousy brakes, but I usually attribute that to the high water levels in my area in springtime, they are always wet. I’ll pay attention to drier conditions to evaluate further.

FWIW : My ADV 5 is damn heavy with spare, extra gas, water, separate canopy, rack, farm jack, compressor, tools+, over sized tires/rims; water jug, etc. Larger/better brakes would be nirvana. However, I did take it back into the dealer complaining of travel and sponge. They were able to improve it by 50 to 60 percent. don't know if they bled, adjusted (where?). Also, I did buy the extended warranty which won't help with normal wear. But being a 2024 first year it has obvious design incompatibilities and faulty individual components. I still love the hell out of it when it's not in the shop.
When mine was in the shop for two months for the knocking up front (steering rack/eps replacement) they bleed the brakes- no change on mine.

It gets better with time. The first time out I actually rolled down a hill in reverse. The brake was pressed hard the whole time. I have over 500 miles on it now and they work great. I can't say at what point they seated, but I don't have concerns anymore.

Back