Fix the brakes

I have almost 1200 miles on my XP 5 now and still think the brakes feel weak on it. With the thicker rotors, you'd think the brakes were upgraded for better braking response. Seems like I have to push really hard on the pedal at every stop....especially on hardtop.

It gets better with time. The first time out I actually rolled down a hill in reverse. The brake was pressed hard the whole time. I have over 500 miles on it now and they work great. I can't say at what point they seated, but I don't have concerns anymore.
Mine have been bleed and over 500 miles on it. Brakes still don't work good. Running down a county road at 40 some idiot pulled out in front of us. I literally had to stand on the pedal to make it stop. A safety issue for sure............

Have about 500 miles on my XP5. Yep, breaks are terrible…the clutch/engine breaking helps but these are going to be toasted quick. Weak and have to press pretty hard on the pedal. Kind of a hazard if you ask me.

Have about 500 miles on my XP5. Yep, breaks are terrible…the clutch/engine breaking helps but these are going to be toasted quick. Weak and have to press pretty hard on the pedal. Kind of a hazard if you ask me.
Exactly !! If something jumps out in front of you, you will NOT stop (till you smoke it !!!!) Very hazardous !!!

Back