Squeaking

Huntfreak

Feb 2, 2024
NW Colorado
Greetings!

I seem to have developed a squeak that I can't seem to locate. More curious if this is a "me" issue, or if others have experienced this as well.

This squeak seems to only happen when I first get in the machine and drive it. It happens for a couple minutes then vanishes. It sounds like a seat rubbing on some rubber, or a suspension compression squeak? I've tried adjusting my seat as I originally thought the back of my seat was rubbing the metal bar in the rear, but it continued.

Thought it might be worth a shot on here.
Lance

It's most likely the control arm bushings. When they get dry the squeak. Unless your thinking about taking it all apart, you can use PB Blaster or another penetrating lubricant to shut them up, temporarily...

It's most likely the control arm bushings. When they get dry the squeak. Unless your thinking about taking it all apart, you can use PB Blaster or another penetrating lubricant to shut them up, temporarily...
I’ll give that a shot!

Thank you! It’s getting louder and sounds like styrofoam rubbing. It’s terrible lol

It could also be the spring divider rubbing on the shock body. Mine developed a really bad squeak from that when dusty.

Back