35" Pro Armor Crawlers on Xpedition

johndeerefarmer

Jun 16, 2023
Texas
@BADXP

Got the Crawlers on the Xpedition.

The 32"s that are on the Xpedition are Tusk Terrabytes 32x10x15. They are 30 1/4" tall at 12psi (that's with them installed on my Turbo R).

The 35" Crawlers are 35x10.5X15. At 12psi they are 32 /3/4" tall on the front and 32 1/4" on the rear mounted on the Xpedition. The Xpedition is around 900 lbs heavier than my Turbo R so on it these tires are around 33 1/2")

The Tusk Terrabytes on 5+2 beadlocks are 68" wide on the Xpedition.
The Crawlers are on Pro Armor beadlocks are 55mm offset (6.17:1). With them mounted on the Xpedition I am still at 68". I guess the 10.5" tires makes up for the narrow offset

On the left front tire I have more clearance than the right. I can get three fingers between the tire and fender but only two fingers on the right side. So when backing up and close to full lock the tire rubs fairly bad on the right side.
Several other issues with these. Whatever noise that I hear clunking in the front end (which I think is the crossover rings) is WAY worse with these tires as compared to the Tusk Terrabytes. I assume because they are heavier?
Second, in high gear it takes lots of rpm and a lot longer to get up to speed. Once there it's definitely quieter and it steers and handles good at highway speeds, though at 12 psi the ride's kinda squishy.
In low gear it still has plenty of power for crawling up rocks and hills.

If I left these on I would have to take some weight off of the AA cruiser kit to get high a little better.

So this morning I am putting the Tusk Terrabytes back on. From my experience without forward A arms any tire over 32" actual diameter is going to rub. Whenever the Terrabytes wear out I will find another tire that's a little bigger. I have had forward A arms before but had axle issue (breaking cv joints if at full lock so don't want to go that route)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Very helpful thank you! Sounds like the 33’s a few companies have out are the sweet spot without any a arm/lift/long travel mods. I have 32”megabites measuring 31.25 on the machine. Seem to perform well but the profile of them is fugly to me anyway. Guess I should run them and wear them out and see what comes out in the meantime.

Thanks again!

Very helpful thank you! Sounds like the 33’s a few companies have out are the sweet spot without any a arm/lift/long travel mods. I have 32”megabites measuring 31.25 on the machine. Seem to perform well but the profile of them is fugly to me anyway. Guess I should run them and wear them out and see what comes out in the meantime.

Thanks again!
You're welcome. I think I'm going to try 33-in Carnivores next time. I need something for the Colorado place good for snow, mud and rocks. The crawlers are good for rocks but not good for snow or mud

Back