Polaris XPEDITION Launch Camping Weekend Vlog!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
May 16, 2023

Kendall Jones heads to Utah for the newest vehicle launch for the all-new Polaris XPEDITION! They test them out by driving into the Grand Canyon and camping overnight!

Thanks guys. I kind of felt out of line saying what on my mind but darn it! They weren’t the ones to do the release. Seeing the machines was nice but slicing a tire on a rock that’s not content.

From what I have read, looks like about 10 mpg- about the same as my Turbo R. The Xpedition is very heavy and geared low so it sucks the fuel. only way to get 200 miles to a tank is going downhill most of the time...
Lol crap! Uphill every where I go. Well feels like it. Lol.

It is a lot heavier than a ranger northstar crew.

A standard Northstar ADV5 with just a driver is basically pushing 3,000+ lbs :oops:

From what I have read, looks like about 10 mpg- about the same as my Turbo R. The Xpedition is very heavy and geared low so it sucks the fuel. only way to get 200 miles to a tank is going downhill most of the time...
I’d assume they’ll get a little better mileage after a good break in period. Also most everyone that did those launch rides had their foot into it the entire time. Even with all that I’d be highly surprised if they get 160 miles after the break in and with normal driving.

Polaris fuels heavy during break in. Always have. After 25 hours and a 2 seat non Northstar, I imagine 200 is possible. 5 seat Northstar like most wi get, no chance.

Polaris fuels heavy during break in. Always have. After 25 hours and a 2 seat non Northstar, I imagine 200 is possible. 5 seat Northstar like most wi get, no chance.
I have had multiple Polaris sxs's and have never noticed any difference during the break in period. Also never read anything that the ECU is programmed to dump more fuel during break in. Got any information?

I have had multiple Polaris sxs's and have never noticed any difference during the break in period. Also never read anything that the ECU is programmed to dump more fuel during break in. Got any information?
It’s not going to be ecu programming. It’s just normal for any internal combustion engine to run less efficiently until the piston rings wear in to fully seat on the liner and manufacture tolerances of gears and such to smooth out with a little wear.

IMG_6208.jpeg

It’s not going to be ecu programming. It’s just normal for any internal combustion engine to run less efficiently until the piston rings wear in to fully seat on the liner and manufacture tolerances of gears and such to smooth out with a little wear.
Very little break in on today's engines as tolerances are way better than 30-40 years ago. The engines might even be broken in at the factory like Ford engines are.
As far as taking it easy the first 25 hours goes, I can tell you that John Deere says to work their equipment hard right from the start. This sets the rings properly..
I bet that the difference in fuel economy from being new to broke in is barely measurable.. No way the break in will magically increase your mileage per tank from 100 to 200 (as Polaris says).

No way the break in will magically increase your mileage per tank from 100 to 200 (as Polaris says).
100% agree. I’ll be blown away if these things get even 160 miles on a tank. I do expect to see a small increase in economy though. Guess the best way to tell will be to track the first 10 tanks of gas and average the first 5 to the last 5 or something like that

Back