Stock wheel offset Xpedition

Jimbo

Oct 10, 2023
Iowa
So I seen on the Polaris website they are coming out with new wheels that fit stock wheels offset, which they say is +61.8mm offset Is what they’re showing. Can anyone confirm what I’m reading? Because if true there’s only a very few after market wheels that are available to keep you under the 65 inch wheel width requirement In some Midwest states.

System 3 has their SB6 And SB7 series with the standard offset for Xpeditions,

Method has their 407 and 412 series that are only 6” wide but maintain the standard offset.

Tusk has their Uinta and Tintic series

ITP has their Hurricane series.

That’s what I’ve been able to find so far.

I run stock offset S3 SB6 and think mine still measured between 66 and 67 wide. I dont ride anywhere with a width restriction but would probably be tight or not doable if I did.

I went to System3 SB6 wheels with 33" ITP Coyote tires and I'm about 68" wide now. I was about 65". I'm measuring at the bulge.

Attachments

• IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    511.4 KB · Views: 174
What are considerations when installing 5 / 2 wheels on an X as opposed to the +61.8mm offset / stock offset. thanks in advance for your consideration, Will this cause rubbing, smaller tire size limitation?, larger tire size maximum, warranty violation, 64 inch trail restrictions, bolt pattern constrains. Is it correct to suggest that the stock wheel is roughly +4.5 / -2.5 offset? on a 7 inch wheel?

What are considerations when installing 5 / 2 wheels on an X as opposed to the +61.8mm offset / stock offset. thanks in advance for your consideration, Will this cause rubbing, smaller tire size limitation?, larger tire size maximum, warranty violation, 64 inch trail restrictions, bolt pattern constrains. Is it correct to suggest that the stock wheel is roughly +4.5 / -2.5 offset? on a 7 inch wheel?
I have 1” lug adapters and 4/3 offset wheels on my XP5. It doesn’t affect tire sizes at all. I could easily fit 32s or 33s without rubbing. As for trail restrictions, it depends on how strict they are about the restrictions, but you’ll definitely be wider. Probably around 68”.
As far as as the warranty is concerned, the factory warranty is only 6 months. If you’re concerned about that just wait a bit, but it’s unlikely it’ll be a problem. And finally, 5/4.5 lug UTV wheels are a fairly new thing, starting with the Pro Rs, but wheel manufacturers are adding new options pretty quickly. There are several manufacturers that have had 5 lug wheels available for a while, including; Method, Packard, Hostile, System 3 and others.

I have 1” lug adapters and 4/3 offset wheels on my XP5. It doesn’t affect tire sizes at all. I could easily fit 32s or 33s without rubbing. As for trail restrictions, it depends on how strict they are about the restrictions, but you’ll definitely be wider. Probably around 68”.
As far as as the warranty is concerned, the factory warranty is only 6 months. If you’re concerned about that just wait a bit, but it’s unlikely it’ll be a problem. And finally, 5/4.5 lug UTV wheels are a fairly new thing, starting with the Pro Rs, but wheel manufacturers are adding new options pretty quickly. There are several manufacturers that have had 5 lug wheels available for a while, including; Method, Packard, Hostile, System 3 and others.
thanks for confirming this... that opens up many more wheels I can consider.

would the lug adapters be necessary in my example? I like the wider stance they would give. not concerned about wider stance... in fact I prefer.
I used the adapters to go from 5/4.5 to 4/156 so I could use the Raceline beadlocks that I had on my General, they’re 4/3 offset and put my overall width at 72”

Back