XP5 Northstar Ceramic Tint

BADXP

Sep 5, 2023
Iowa
Mine was completed last week. Believe it was 30% on sides and back and 50% on windshield. I drive at night so going darker was not for me but still looks great. FYI - the lower rear window is poly. My tint shop said if they tinted that the film would not adhere correctly and would come off over time. They custom cut a black perforated vinyl window sticker that turned out great and still gives me visibility through that window from rear view mirror. Also be prepared for tint install on these to be a little spendy as precut patterns are not available yet. My shop had to custom cut everything.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 253
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 244
Mine was completed last week. Believe it was 30% on sides and back and 50% on windshield. I drive at night so going darker was not for me but still looks great. FYI - the lower rear window is poly. My tint shop said if they tinted that the film would not adhere correctly and would come off over time. They custom cut a black perforated vinyl window sticker that turned out great and still gives me visibility through that window from rear view mirror. Also be prepared for tint install on these to be a little spendy as precut patterns are not available yet. My shop had to custom cut everything.
That looks great! You're not joking about the price of having a full cab model tinted. Mine cost me to the tune of about $850, but it helps out the AC a ton and it makes the machine look so much better!

If I recall correctly, my local shop had ceramic and carbon. The ceramic offers the highest performance but the material is more expensive than the carbon. He told me he rarely installs carbon on anything anymore unless a customer just wants window blacked out and doesn’t care about UV performance. I am not aware of there being 2 types of ceramic.

Love the tinted look it helps with heat and they look awesome. Did limo on sides and back, windshield 30%

Attachments

• 470B9D81-5F08-4F46-A72E-DB4D57B277EE.jpeg
    470B9D81-5F08-4F46-A72E-DB4D57B277EE.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 0291FEDC-F05F-4818-995C-5DF8ED42D575.jpeg
    0291FEDC-F05F-4818-995C-5DF8ED42D575.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 403FA71B-DDC7-4535-A837-1C3897BACECA.jpeg
    403FA71B-DDC7-4535-A837-1C3897BACECA.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 174
I have nothing that says definitely other than what my tint shop said. It definitely seems to easily scuff like poly though but could be wrong.

There is a company that already has the files for the xxpedition and is selling pre-cut window tint online. Don't remember the name right now but it's on the Facebook group for the expedition

Morning!

My name is Chad!

Along with my business partner, Travis, we own UtvWindowTint.com!

Travis is the guy you see in our YouTube videos, because no one wants to see me in front of a camera! And I'm the guy that's all over social media/internet.

If you have any questions with any of our products, or just general tinting questions, let me know, I'm always sort of "around" and always willing to help.

Also, my email is [email protected] if you'd prefer emailing me, or my cellphone is 920-375-1360! You can call or text me. Text usually work best, but leave a VM if I don't answer and I'll return the call ASAP.

Super slick looking machine!

Morning!

My name is Chad!

Travis is the guy you see in our YouTube videos, because no one wants to see me in front of a camera! And I'm the guy that's all over social media/internet.

If you have any questions with any of our products, or just general tinting questions, let me know, I'm always sort of "around" and always willing to help.

Also, my email is [email protected] if you'd prefer emailing me, or my cellphone is 920-375-1360! You can call or text me. Text usually work best, but leave a VM if I don't answer and I'll return the call ASAP.
Welcome to the forum, @Chad 👋

We are looking forward to having you onboard as an official Supporting Vendor very soon!

Morning!

My name is Chad!

Are you going to have windshield protection film? I’m more concerned about chipping/ cracking a $1400 windshield than darkening it, though having some uv blocking would be nice too.

Are you going to have windshield protection film? I’m more concerned about chipping/ cracking a $1400 windshield than darkening it, though having some uv blocking would be nice too.
We carry 70% film in carbon and ceramic, ceramic being the most popular. So it's almost clear, but still has UV protection, and heat rejection, so it'll keep the interior nicer and let your HVAC do it's job better.

But we are currently working on windshield protection films. We have a nano-ceramic IR blocking film (that we shot with a pellet gun), and a TPU material film that we are testing, improving, and figuring out any issues. I'm hoping to have everything done by Christmas, but it might extend to before spring time.

We carry 70% film in carbon and ceramic, ceramic being the most popular. So it's almost clear, but still has UV protection, and heat rejection, so it'll keep the interior nicer and let your HVAC do it's job better.

But we are currently working on windshield protection films. We have a nano-ceramic IR blocking film (that we shot with a pellet gun), and a TPU material film that we are testing, improving, and figuring out any issues. I'm hoping to have everything done by Christmas, but it might extend to before spring time.
Looking forward to it!

Any updates on the protection film?

Dropped mine off at a shop today… they were going to try and tint that poly window and see what happens… guess we’ll see.
They said $850 for regular ceramic and $1200 for the IR top of the line tint 😳
Excited to get it back!
Unique tint here in Winnemucca Quoted me $275 for normal tint and $475 for Ceramic tint for our xp5 non adv. i have an appointment to have the ceramic installed on the 16th.

Back