Customizing my 2-dr. ADV photos

4merMP

Jun 8, 2023
IN
m1911info.com
We went back to the dealership today to drop off a new GMRS radio and some additional heat and noise shield. I figured while they had it all tore apart, they might as well mount the radio and run the antenna and mic wiring, too. The guys had to work on another unit briefly today, so they pulled ours outside in the meantime. So I shot a few cell phone images showing some of the add-ons they've installed so far.
Here you can see the side mirror and HD rock slider.
PXL-20230710-145346636.jpg

Here is the Rigid 50" curved light bar. They're still waiting for the wiring harness for it to arrive. That's just the sun's reflection off the windshield (I think) looking like amber light.
PXL-20230710-145338982.jpg

These pictures show the Rigid driving lights, HD front bumper, 6000 lb. winch, front A-arm guards and a ProArmor amber spot light bar. The light is mounted where the stock 4500 lb. winch was. That looked like a great spot for a fog light bar. I'll either suck up the rope to the stop or attach it to the recovery shackle (not yet installed here) to keep it out of the way. We tested it in the shop the other day just like it is and didn't see any shadows from the grill or the hook.
PXL-20230710-145327302.jpg

PXL-20230710-145302972.jpg

Here's a shot of the HD rear bumper and rear A-arm guards. I've also got a Rigid 10" light bar that we may mount on top of the bumper as a back-up light, if necessary. I've got a Rigid 28" chase light bar that has reverse lights in it, too. So we're waiting to see if the other light will be necessary.
PXL-20230710-145411112.jpg

They've got my rear wiper installed. The chase light will mount on the roof, just above it. BTW, you should check out that light. It's pricey, but is a really cool light with a lot of programming options. https://www.rigidindustries.com/rig...-inch-led-light-bar-surface-mount-901802.html
PXL-20230710-145438200.jpg

They've got my cargo area dome lamp wired.
PXL-20230710-145612590.jpg

Here's a shot of under the dash, where some of the wiring harnesses will run. So if you plan on mounting anything on top of the dash, just make sure you know what all is there first.
PXL-20230710-145628856.jpg

A couple shots of the roof, up front, with the headliner removed.
PXL-20230710-145619362.jpg

PXL-20230710-145642451.jpg

We figured out today that by elevating my seat a couple inches, it does provide the added leg room to keep the console from crowding my right knee. It's a lot more comfortable for me and also allows me to see down the side of the vehicle while loading on the trailer.
The guys at Indy Powersports are doing a great job for us on the custom build. It's my 3rd buy from them and I'd highly recommend them for anyone in the central Indiana area.

Last edited:
so you didn’t order it with all that? Mine was ordered with all of those things plus roof rack side lights almost every option.
No, I did order all that when I initially ordered on 5/17. But none of that is installed at the factory. That's for you, or someone else to install.

When I decided to order the winch upgrade, I was more than just a bit disappointed to find out the factory doesn't just install the 6000 lb. winch in place of the 4500. I had to purchase the optional winch as an add-on. So I've got a new 4500 lb. winch to put on the shelf...or sell. My riding buddy just bought a new RZR, so I think he wants the winch. But they don't even have a mounting bracket yet for his RZR.

Last edited:
I also ordered the upgraded beadlocks. So if your story is correct the $240 extra I paid for them is 4 extra rims that I need to install. And 4 stock rims I can sell.

It doesn’t make sense. If you ordered it with the extras they should be installed.

Or am I missing something?

Well, technically, these are not factory options. They are listed as accessories. I'd recommend talking to your dealer about what is included in your quote. My quote has a price line for labor to install all my accessories.

I didn't order any of the "accessory collections". I picked everything I wanted a la carte. All my accessories added up to less than $10K, including the pricey Rigid chase light bar and the WD Electronics turn signal and horn kit. My dealer's labor quote was about $1000 total to install everything.

If you ordered one of the "collections", you may have paid for factory installation in that price. But I suspect my dealer's labor was for less than what the factory figures for the same accessories installed.

You just need to talk to your dealer , because I have no idea what you ordered.

Last edited:
We went back to the dealership today to drop off a new GMRS radio and some additional heat and noise shield. I figured while they had it all tore apart, they might as well mount the radio and run the antenna and mic wiring, too. The guys had to work on another unit briefly today, so they pulled ours outside in the meantime. So I shot a few cell phone images showing some of the add-ons they've installed so far.
Here you can see the side mirror and HD rock slider.
PXL-20230710-145346636.jpg

Here is the Rigid 50" curved light bar. They're still waiting for the wiring harness for it to arrive. That's just the sun's reflection off the windshield (I think) looking like amber light.
PXL-20230710-145338982.jpg

These pictures show the Rigid driving lights, HD front bumper, 6000 lb. winch, front A-arm guards and a ProArmor amber spot light bar. The light is mounted where the stock 4500 lb. winch was. That looked like a great spot for a fog light bar. I'll either suck up the rope to the stop or attach it to the recovery shackle (not yet installed here) to keep it out of the way. We tested it in the shop the other day just like it is and didn't see any shadows from the grill or the hook.
PXL-20230710-145327302.jpg

PXL-20230710-145302972.jpg

Here's a shot of the HD rear bumper and rear A-arm guards. I've also got a Rigid 10" light bar that we may mount on top of the bumper as a back-up light, if necessary. I've got a Rigid 28" chase light bar that has reverse lights in it, too. So we're waiting to see if the other light will be necessary.
PXL-20230710-145411112.jpg

They've got my rear wiper installed. The chase light will mount on the roof, just above it. BTW, you should check out that light. It's pricey, but is a really cool light with a lot of programming options.
PXL-20230710-145438200.jpg

They've got my cargo area dome lamp wired.
PXL-20230710-145612590.jpg

Here's a shot of under the dash, where some of the wiring harnesses will run. So if you plan on mounting anything on top of the dash, just make sure you know what all is there first.
PXL-20230710-145628856.jpg

A couple shots of the roof, up front, with the headliner removed.
PXL-20230710-145619362.jpg

PXL-20230710-145642451.jpg

We figured out today that by elevating my seat a couple inches, it does provide the added leg room to keep the console from crowding my right knee. It's a lot more comfortable for me and also allows me to see down the side of the vehicle while loading on the trailer.
The guys at Indy Powersports are doing a great job for us on the custom build. It's my 3rd buy from them and I'd highly recommend them for anyone in the central Indiana area.
Great looking build! I like the big curved light bar and all the LEDs you added to the front bumper. Thank you for sharing all of these photos!

Well, technically, these are not factory options. They are listed as accessories. I'd recommend talking to your dealer about what is included in your quote. My quote has a price line for labor to install all my accessories.

I didn't order any of the "accessory collections". I picked everything I wanted a la carte. All my accessories added up to less than $10K, including the pricey Rigid chase light bar and the WD Electronics turn signal and horn kit. My dealer's labor quote was about $1000 total to install everything.

If you ordered one of the "collections", you may have paid for factory installation in that price. But I suspect my dealer's labor was for less than what the factory figures for the same accessories installed.

You just need to talk to your dealer , because I have no idea what you ordered.
That makes sense. I went through the overland collection and removed the tent. Other than that that’s the accessories.

Either way if it comes all installed that’s fine. If I need to install them that’s fine too.

My dealer's service tech raised the seat, and as I look at it, I can't see a modification. So he did a really nice job. When I was up there, I did see he had aluminum square tube cut. I'm pretty sure he used that. But without a stock one to compare side by side, I'll have to let you know when I remove the seat for the first time.

I just know he did a good job. When we picked it up, he said something like "you can't even tell I raised the seat". It does really make a difference looking down over the window sill and also in leg room.

Thanks for the picture of the ceiling liner removed. My light is not working and thought there was another plug in in the roof area and seen that there isn’t. Tested the light with 12 v and works fine but no power to light plug harness. Goes back to dealer Tuesday for that and water leak front windshield when trailering in rain

Thanks for the picture of the ceiling liner removed. My light is not working and thought there was another plug in in the roof area and seen that there isn’t. Tested the light with 12 v and works fine but no power to light plug harness. Goes back to dealer Tuesday for that and water leak front windshield when trailering in rain
Good luck. Hope they get you taken care of quickly.

Well, I think I've figured out how to overcome the noise in the cab while trying to carry on a conversation with my wife...not that we talk that much on the trails. However, it is nice to be able to communicate when we need to. We've put some sound-deadener and heat shield in the cargo area, and have a horse stall mat to put in. But after putting a few miles on it, I've decided I may as well accept it's going to be loud...no matter what we do. So I opted for these. Cardo Packtalk Edge Duo ORV Edition PT200150 71-5055 | eBay

As soon as Gilomen has a tune available for us, I'll get that, and that will probably increase the noise in the cab. So hopefully, these wireless communicators will do the trick.

Back