Oops! Error codes.

4merMP

Jun 8, 2023
IN
m1911info.com
Got these this afternoon. Going back to the dealership tomorrow. No 4 wheel drive or turf mode. Shows being stuck in 2 wheel drive no matter where the selector is set. Also noticed what sounds like a little clutch chatter when coming to a stop. Never had that before, either. All started at once. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
PXL-20230822-213738976.jpg

Did you try changing the drive modes? I know it sounds silly but I was in my Defender the other day when it was super hot out and it started to cut power, jerk, and make some clutch noises. I had it in EcoMode and was sort of lugging it with the AC on high. I thought something was majorly wrong, but I turned it off. Put it into normal mode and it ran like a champ and hasn't done it since. Hopefully, it's an easy fix and you're not without it long!

Did you try changing the drive modes? I know it sounds silly but I was in my Defender the other day when it was super hot out and it started to cut power, jerk, and make some clutch noises. I had it in EcoMode and was sort of lugging it with the AC on high. I thought something was majorly wrong, but I turned it off. Put it into normal mode and it ran like a champ and hasn't done it since. Hopefully, it's an easy fix and you're not without it long!
Yes, I tried that with no luck. I'll report back when we find the issue. Thanks.

My dealer called and said they had me finished up and it was a chassis fuse was blown. I picked it up today, got it back home and the same check engine light and error codes popped on again. So it will now go back so they can figure out what's popping the fuse.

When I dropped the buggy off to them, I discovered that the 6000 lb. winch wasn't working, either. Turns out, the winch relay even runs off that fuse! I can't believe there's that much load on that circuit. But they're just gonna have to figure it out. It's an hour each way every time I take it in.

My dealer called and said they had me finished up and it was a chassis fuse was blown. I picked it up today, got it back home and the same check engine light and error codes popped on again. So it will now go back so they can figure out what's popping the fuse.

When I dropped the buggy off to them, I discovered that the 6000 lb. winch wasn't working, either. Turns out, the winch relay even runs off that fuse! I can't believe there's that much load on that circuit. But they're just gonna have to figure it out. It's an hour each way every time I take it in.
Dang, sorry to hear that! Did you use the winch at all before the fuse was blown or did you just notice it after the fact?

Dang, sorry to hear that! Did you use the winch at all before the fuse was blown or did you just notice it after the fact?
I had used the winch on a Saturday ride. Cleaned the buggy up the next day. Then, a few days later while just driving on the road, the check engine light came on with the error codes.

Today, all I did was unload from the trailer and a few minutes later saw the check engine light was on again. I do think the winch button was pushed once, however. So that's where I told them to start looking.

I'm wondering if the 6,000 lb winch is too much for that fuse? Might have just been something Polaris overlooked since they come with a 4,500 lb wench?

I'm wondering if the 6,000 lb winch is too much for that fuse? Might have just been something Polaris overlooked since they come with a 4,500 lb wench?
That's what I asked when I called the dealership. Brad said he was going to call Polaris support and discuss it with them. But what doesn't make sense is that I wasn't using the winch at all the first time the check engine light popped on. Just driving down the road.

That's what I asked when I called the dealership. Brad said he was going to call Polaris support and discuss it with them. But what doesn't make sense is that I wasn't using the winch at all the first time the check engine light popped on. Just driving down the road.
The plot thickens! Hopefully, they can track it down and it will be an easy fix.

damn I too have removed the 4500 pnd winch and installed the 6000 model but no issues so far, and I also havent had the need to use the winch yet, so might just whip it out and see what happens!!

Back