Polaris Xpedition Stereo System

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
May 16, 2023
Has anyone heard the Xpedition's JBL Trail Pro 4100 Audio system that comes standard in the Ultimate and Northstar trim? I had a 2022 Ranger Northstar Trail Boss and I was less than pleased with the audio system that came with it. It was really only functional when parked and would basically be washed out by the engine at any speed over 20+ mph.

With that said, I was really hoping to see a much-improved stereo in the new Xpedition considering its price point. However, it looks like it's still just dash speakers, nothing in the roof or any subwoofer. Unless I'm missing something? I'm trying to find more information about this JBL Trail Pro system without much luck. If anyone has more information please share!

Maybe this is what the Xpedition has? It's from the Polaris parts department, but it has the same name that is in the Xpedition's specs.

Elevate your off-road experience with the JBL® Trail Pro 4100 Audio Upgrade. This system is compatible with the stock JBL® source unit and features a 400W 10" subwoofer, two 45W 6" stadium speakers and a 200W amp. Upgrade Premium trim vehicles with JBL® Trail Pro 2000 audio systems to the factory system that comes stock in Ultimate and NorthStar trims.

The video below talks about the Xpedition's stereo. It looks like there are speakers up front in the dash and a pair of speakers in the back corners of the roof above the rear seats. As well as a 10-inch subwoofer under the passenger seat.

Subwoofer is below and forward of the center console. Basically under the hvac controls.
If anyone has seen the tunnel Generals have, they just plugged a woofer in there.

Have you tried the Volume Leveling? It is defaulted to off. The Xpedition Xp that I drove was really washed out at volume setting 5 going down the road, but when I turned the Volume Leveling on, It was way better on level 2. I have had lots of people not aware of this for Rangers and RZRs and it helps AOLT.

Have you tried the Volume Leveling? It is defaulted to off. The Xpedition Xp that I drove was really washed out at volume setting 5 going down the road, but when I turned the Volume Leveling on, It was way better on level 2. I have had lots of people not aware of this for Rangers and RZRs and it helps AOLT.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!

The stereo in ours worked great. We wear over the ear com headsets while riding and could hear the stereo well even with them on. The only distortion I heard was when the stereo was cranked clear up but that went away by turning it down a notch. Even at full rev and with headsets on we never had to turn the volume all the way up.

They don’t mention in the video there’s 2 tweeters on top of the dash besides the 2 6” speakers under the dash. Northstars and Ultimates get the full system while the premium will have a lower end stereo without the subwoofer and no ride command

I wonder if the balance and fade will work. I put the full system into my 20 ranger North Star. Balance and fade didn’t work. Nobody that installed the compleat system was overly satisfied.

Back