What's new

2024 XPEDITION Ultimate – Ride Command GPS Failure. Anyone Else Experience This?

Panhandle XP2

New member
Joined
Sep 20, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
Rathdrum, ID
Looking for some advice on a Ride Command GPS issue with my 2024 XPEDITION Ultimate (approximately 1,500 miles). I have read some posts about the wonderful RideCommand and am hoping there is a silver bullet for my issue.

The problem:

  • GPS stopped working. When I try to locate the vehicle, it just spins indefinitely.
  • GPS status shows satellite counts fluctuating (7, 15, 28, then back to 0), but never establishes a reliable location.
  • Everything else works perfectly: radio, Bluetooth, diagnostics, plow controls, touchscreen, etc.
What I've tried:

  • Reinstalled the latest software (ORS7AB.RC2415A).
  • Reverted to the previous software version. GPS actually worked for part of a hunting trip before failing again.
  • Reinstalled the latest software. Still no GPS.
  • Took it to an authorized Polaris dealer. They temporarily swapped in a new Ride Command unit, and GPS worked perfectly with the existing antenna and other components.
  • Dealer diagnosed a failed Ride Command unit and quoted approximately $2,000 to replace it. Absolutely not.
  • Did a factory reset when I got it home, no bueno.
The dealer says the entire unit must be replaced, but I'm having a hard time accepting a $2,000 repair on a nearly $30,000 machine with only 1,500 miles. Unfortunately, it's out of warranty.

I've been a Polaris customer for over 20 years, so this is pretty disappointing.

A few questions for the group:

  1. Has anyone experienced this exact GPS issue and found a fix other than replacing the entire unit?
  2. Has anyone successfully repaired the GPS circuitry or had a Ride Command unit repaired?
  3. Has anyone purchased a used Ride Command unit from a salvage shop? I'm seeing them for $500–$700.
  4. Has Polaris provided goodwill warranty assistance for similar failures?
Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated. I'm not particularly excited about spending $2,000 to replace an otherwise perfectly functioning display, especially without knowing whether the replacement will last any longer.
 
High Country Unlimited B's FAB UTV Rock Island Custom

Latest Discussions

Back
Top