Another review

While I appreciate Polaris pumping up the power and performance of this machine, I feel like I keep hearing how loud the engine sound is inside the new Xpedition. Even in all the promotional videos, the engine sound is really apparent. This reviewer also mentioned how loud it was. I feel like the exhaust note on the Xpedition should be on the quieter side since the idea is to spend hours, if not days, off-road in air condition comfort.

Last edited:
While I appreciate Polaris pumping up the power and performance of this machine, but I feel like I keep hearing how loud the engine sound is inside the new Xpedition. Even in all the promotional videos, the engine sound is really apparent. This reviewer also mentioned how loud it was. I feel like the exhaust note on the Xpedition should be on the quieter side since the idea is to spend hours, if not days, off-road in air condition comfort.
I will be sound proofing mine as soon as I get it. I used Cool it Thermo tec from Amazon on my Turbo R. Helped with heat and sound

After reading that review, I'm pretty sure this review was written about the same ride. In fact, I suspect this review was written by the same female who rolled the Xpedition in the OP's review.
It's kinda nice to see two different reviews from the same ride.

After reading that review, I'm pretty sure this review was written about the same ride. In fact, I suspect this review was written by the same female who rolled the Xpedition in the OP's review.
It's kinda nice to see two different reviews from the same ride.
That's what they get for picking a woman that's never drove a side beside before. Her review is basically worthless to me because she has nothing to compare it to. I want to see reviews comparing it to a North star Ranger or Polaris General.
Sure wish Polaris would pick some actual rzr owners for some of these test drives not all these social influencers and other idiots. Those influencers don't have any influence on me at all. I read the reviews but for the most part they don't have a clue. Come on Polaris get some die hard rzr owners to drive those things

I agree all the reviews would be more useful doing side x side comparisons of specs and features for several different models. Several reviews talk about the 6" of seat travel, but I'd like to know how much more leg room I might have compared to my Ranger Northstar. I even contacted Polaris directly asking that question and NEVER did get an answer back.

If they want to sell these things, I'd think they should be able to answer such basic questions.

I agree all the reviews would be more useful doing side x side comparisons of specs and features for several different models. Several reviews talk about the 6" of seat travel, but I'd like to know how much more leg room I might have compared to my Ranger Northstar. I even contacted Polaris directly asking that question and NEVER did get an answer back.

If they want to sell these things, I'd think they should be able to answer such basic questions.
I have sat in a new ADV at the overland expo and I can say that there is more legroom and better seating ergos than a NorthStar ranger. I am 6'-4"

I have sat in a new ADV at the overland expo and I can say that there is more legroom and better seating ergos than a NorthStar ranger. I am 6'-4"
Thanks. I was hoping that's the case. I'm a big guy, and tall, too. One of my complaints with my current Northstar is my butt slides all over the place on the trails. I figured the bucket seating would eliminate the sliding, but wondered about the additional leg room. I've had two total knee replacements and have a bad hip that acts up in cramped seating. Getting old ain't for sissies, that's for sure!

the increase in noise is my number one fear as well. I put a quiet muffler on my general xp because it was too loud compared to a ranger. Why they cant get the general and xpedition to sound similar to a ranger is beyond me. The small bump in power doesnt explain the massive increase in noise.

Hey Guys,
New to the group but thought I would share my thoughts and a little first look that I got of the Polaris Expedition. First I will say that Myself and my company Jagged X Off Road have been very involved with Polaris for many years , We have represented Polaris as an aftermarket development partner and as a factory supported desert racing program from 2007 until 2022. We have retired our racing efforts and now focus on our retail Off road shop in Phoenix AZ. This is not a plug for our business but rather our first impressions of the Expedition. We have a video walk around here
Overall we are very excited about the new platform. We had heard rumors of an HVAC Northstar General for while now but in reality what we have here is a whole new vehicle platform, This is not a ranger or a general but an entirely new vehicle. We got to see the vehicle at the overland expo in Flagstaff last month and I was very impressed with the whole machine. I have not driven one yet but hope to very soon. I will gladly give my first driving impressions as well. There are a bunch of vary innovative features on the vehicle that will very definitely make the overland guys happy. I have seen some comments about the cost which does inflict a bit of sticker shock I'll admit but keep in mind that the flagship Pro R RZR in top trim level clicks in right at 50K now. Everything is relative. The Expedition has multiple trim levels and configuration that start much lower that the 45K top level unit. It is not a JEEP Rubicon and its not a Ford Raptor as many seem to want to compare it to. this is a very unique vehicle and admittedly it is not for everyone but this vehicle does create a whole new segment in the off road ocean of options.
We are very excited to get our hands on one and put it through the paces and do a little custom stuff too. I will share our experiences.

Hey Guys,
New to the group but thought I would share my thoughts and a little first look that I got of the Polaris Expedition. First I will say that Myself and my company Jagged X Off Road have been very involved with Polaris for many years , We have represented Polaris as an aftermarket development partner and as a factory supported desert racing program from 2007 until 2022. We have retired our racing efforts and now focus on our retail Off road shop in Phoenix AZ. This is not a plug for our business but rather our first impressions of the Expedition. We have a video walk around here
Overall we are very excited about the new platform. We had heard rumors of an HVAC Northstar General for while now but in reality what we have here is a whole new vehicle platform, This is not a ranger or a general but an entirely new vehicle. We got to see the vehicle at the overland expo in Flagstaff last month and I was very impressed with the whole machine. I have not driven one yet but hope to very soon. I will gladly give my first driving impressions as well. There are a bunch of vary innovative features on the vehicle that will very definitely make the overland guys happy. I have seen some comments about the cost which does inflict a bit of sticker shock I'll admit but keep in mind that the flagship Pro R RZR in top trim level clicks in right at 50K now. Everything is relative. The Expedition has multiple trim levels and configuration that start much lower that the 45K top level unit. It is not a JEEP Rubicon and its not a Ford Raptor as many seem to want to compare it to. this is a very unique vehicle and admittedly it is not for everyone but this vehicle does create a whole new segment in the off road ocean of options.
We are very excited to get our hands on one and put it through the paces and do a little custom stuff too. I will share our experiences.

Welcome @Jaggedxbill ! I used to cover your racing efforts so it's great to see someone with your off-road experience show interest in the new Xpedition. Thanks for sharing your initial impressions and I hope you get your hands on an Xpedition soon!

Back