HCR mid travel kit coming in December...

johndeerefarmer

Jun 16, 2023
Texas
I saw a post elsewhere that HCR has a 72” Mid Travel kit for the Polaris Xpedition coming out next month.
with shock relocation to lower the front arm & clearance for up a 35” tire
Around $5500. The 72" width sounds good to me though I need to see the rest of the specs. 35's would help with lowering the rpm for sound reduction. I wonder how much more travel you get?

HCR makes nice kits! An Xpedition with HCR suspension and 35-inch tires would look amazing!

I saw their Xpedition at Trail Hero and it looks amazing. My brother has the kit on order so we’ll get pics as soon as we get it.

I have several problems with it. One, you are gonna be around 78" wide, which is too wide for a lot of the places that we ride.
Second, the tie rod extensions sound cheap. I would want new longer one piece tie rods.. Also requires new springs, as well as new axles or axle bars (whatever the heck they are?)

I have several problems with it. One, you are gonna be around 78" wide, which is too wide for a lot of the places that we ride.
Second, the tie rod extensions sound cheap. I would want new longer one piece tie rods.. Also requires new springs, as well as new axles or axle bars (whatever the heck they are?)
72” will be the overall width if you run factory offset wheels. HCR said they’re pretty much keeping factory shock geometry. And as for tie rods, the stock ones are pretty weak as is. Although I’m not doing a long travel kit i am replacing those with a set from Kryptonite.

I don’t know if the kits include shocks but I believe they do include the longer axles.

72” will be the overall width if you run factory offset wheels. HCR said they’re pretty much keeping factory shock geometry. And as for tie rods, the stock ones are pretty weak as is. Although I’m not doing a long travel kit i am replacing those with a set from Kryptonite.
Atomic UTV told me 72" hub to hub. They are the one's promoting it and as far as I know the only ones with info on it.
That's how Polaris measures and my 74" hub to hub Turbo R is 78" wide.

HCR used my brothers Xpedition for fitment because theirs hadn’t come in by the time they were ready. I am just going off what he’s told me so I could be wrong 😂
But since he’s dealing directly with HCR, I trust it.

HCR used my brothers Xpedition for fitment because theirs hadn’t come in by the time they were ready. I am just going off what he’s told me so I could be wrong 😂
I hope you're correct. At 72 in total width I'm interested

It's gonna be 75" wide with 7" wheels. That's directly from HCR

Now Atomic says: so 65+8=73"??
Screenshot_20231115-155825.png

On their instagram they were calling it a mid travel at first then later posts, calling it long travel 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_7136.jpeg

Guess we’ll see when we get it 😂

Now they tell me:
Our kit is 68" rotor to rotor. Outside of tire to tire on BFG 35x10x15 on Raceline 15x7 +25mm offset makes it around 75" wide

Back