32” Tusk Terrabite Tires

Icehog

Mar 30, 2024
Michigan
Just put on some 32” Tusk Terrabite tires this morning. They measure exactly 32” at 12-15# and are easily 3” taller than the Crawler XP that came on the machine. Ground clearance is 15-3/4”. Nice improvement to the look and clearance, haven’t driven it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 185
Looks good Ice! I have the same machine and I've been tossing around going bigger. You're definitely nudging me to get it done however, I'm not doing anything until they figure out all the clunking noises.

I have 32" Tusk Terrabites. Mine don't measure 32" at 15psi, more like 31.5". I do have an XP5 with several hundred lbs of gear so I am way heavier than you. Got 500 miles on them. So good so far. Work pretty good in snow..

I have run Tusk tires on my Ranger. They went 5k miles with no issues. Ran into a rental company in Marysvale, Ut that take the brand new tires off and replaced them with Terribites. Reason? Flat tires dropped substantially. Great tires!

Just put on some 32” Tusk Terrabite tires this morning. They measure exactly 32” at 12-15# and are easily 3” taller than the Crawler XP that came on the machine. Ground clearance is 15-3/4”. Nice improvement to the look and clearance, haven’t driven it yet.
The 32"s that are on the Xpedition are Tusk Terrabytes 32x10x15. They are 30 1/4" tall at 12psi

I was telling my buddy I was thinking about getting the Tusk Terrabytes in 32" and how many of the reviews say they run small. Coincidently he had a set so we measured them and they were somewhere around 30 1/4-30 1/2. Knowing this I wonder how much it would be rolling the dice going with 33's. I know some guys are running 33's and believe someone on here even mentioned slight rubbing under certain conditions. Had the same conversation about 33's at my dealership and he was pretty adamant that with 33's I'd be dealing with some rubbing.

What gets me even more is how and/or why can a company say it's a 32" tire when it's nowhere near that size.

I was telling my buddy I was thinking about getting the Tusk Terrabytes in 32" and how many of the reviews say they run small. Coincidently he had a set so we measured them and they were somewhere around 30 1/4-30 1/2. Knowing this I wonder how much it would be rolling the dice going with 33's. I know some guys are running 33's and believe someone on here even mentioned slight rubbing under certain conditions. Had the same conversation about 33's at my dealership and he was pretty adamant that with 33's I'd be dealing with some rubbing.

What gets me even more is how and/or why can a company say it's a 32" tire when it's nowhere near that size.
I'll say it again, my Terrabites are the standard version, not the HD Aramid cord version (I was told those run slightly small). I called RMATV before ordering and was assured the tires ran true to size, mine are 100% 32" at 12-13#. If you're measuring the tires on the machine, you'll get slightly less top/bottom from vehicle weight, mine will still measure over 31.5" under load. Maybe I got lucky, but I doubt it since Rocky Mountain assured me they'd be 32". I wouldn't go with 33" Terrabite, I'm positive they'd rub on my machine while turning and stroking the suspension. These tires are way way way taller than the stock tires, easily 3.5" taller.

Added Tusk Terrabite 33x10-15 tires today on my Adv5 Northstar, no rubbing at all so far, lifted my rig 1.5” to 15.5”, very happy with them (until I try a mud hole or sand dune)

I'll say it again, my Terrabites are the standard version, not the HD Aramid cord version (I was told those run slightly small). I called RMATV before ordering and was assured the tires ran true to size, mine are 100% 32" at 12-13#. If you're measuring the tires on the machine, you'll get slightly less top/bottom from vehicle weight, mine will still measure over 31.5" under load. Maybe I got lucky, but I doubt it since Rocky Mountain assured me they'd be 32". I wouldn't go with 33" Terrabite, I'm positive they'd rub on my machine while turning and stroking the suspension. These tires are way way way taller than the stock tires, easily 3.5" taller.
Still waiting to see a pix............... Seems you are the only person in the SxS world that has Terrabites that are true to size....... LOL

Imagine a nice Stanley tape measure laying across a tire and it measuring 32" 🙄. Guess I got lucky and received a special set.

Back