Ball joint popping

BADXP

Sep 5, 2023
Iowa
Is anyone else picking up what sounds like a front ball joint popping when turning or articulation of the front suspension? I have not had time to fully dive into and recheck all of the torque specs in the front end but curious if anyone else is experiencing this. It is not the sound of hitting the steering locks as it occurs before full lock.

Is anyone else picking up what sounds like a front ball joint popping when turning or articulation of the front suspension? I have not had time to fully dive into and recheck all of the torque specs in the front end but curious if anyone else is experiencing this. It is not the sound of hitting the steering locks as it occurs before full lock.
I have a sound up front too. Not sure if it's the shock bottoming out or what. I don't notice any sound on turning.

Definately hearing some noise on mine also. particularly when backing up.

I was going to ask a similar question. In gear and when I start to turn (any direction) I hear a strange clunking noise. Flat ground so it shouldn't be anything with the shocks in my opinion. I'll see if I can have someone watch for it this week and try to narrow down the source. Does not sound good.

Back