Build location

mike

Jun 20, 2023
Grand Rapids MN
Ordered a 2 seat adv the end of may in the blue color. Was wondering where they are being made at? Also has anyone seen a service manual. Wondering how hard to change oil since the box doesn’t tip. Had a Ranger ultimate previously and the oil dip stick was hard to get in. Hoping that’s been improved. Thanks

My dealer told me these are built in Laredo, TX. Mine (like yours) is currently in transit. There is a lift-out panel in the floor of the cargo area to service the vehicle.
No, I have not seen a manual online anywhere.
I also found out the new engine requires premium fuel.

My dealer told me these are built in Laredo, TX. Mine (like yours) is currently in transit. There is a lift-out panel in the floor of the cargo area to service the vehicle.
No, I have not seen a manual online anywhere.
I also found out the new engine requires premium fuel.
Interesting. Where did you hear the premium fuel requirement from?
This article on the gen 2 NA prostar seems to disagree

My buddy just bought a '24 RZR XP and his owners manual states Premium fuel.
Good Intel. Surprised a NA machine would require it. You'd think they would just keep the 100hp tune from the gen 1 prostar based on knock sensor if nothing else. My raptor does that and has for years.

Thanks for the information. Mine states that it is scheduled to be built. Now the wait. Considering getting the turn signal kit but so far not available.

2024 xpedition owners manual

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230629_072313_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230629_072313_Drive.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 73
Welcome to the forum
Ordered a 2 seat adv the end of may in the blue color. Was wondering where they are being made at? Also has anyone seen a service manual. Wondering how hard to change oil since the box doesn’t tip. Had a Ranger ultimate previously and the oil dip stick was hard to get in. Hoping that’s been improved. Thanks

2024 xpedition owners manual
So a minimum of 87 octane, but if you want the full horsepower rating then 91 octane is what you need.

Here is the user manual: POLARIS XPEDITION ADV 5 NorthStar - Polaris Online Publication Portal

Fuel Recommendation​

Polaris recommends using fresh Unleaded 91 Octane TOP TIER® Detergent Gasoline containing up to 10% ethanol purchased during the season of vehicle usage. This fuel will provide the best engine performance (starting, run quality, fuel economy, and power) and durability.
Octane Rating
Polaris recommends a minimum of 87 Octane (R+M/2) rated gasoline. Using lower octane gasoline could result in engine damage.
Ethanol Content
Polaris recommends gasoline containing up to 10% ethanol (E10). Higher levels of ethanol (ex. E15 and E85) may result in engine damage.
Detergent Gasoline
Polaris recommends Top Tier® Detergent Gasoline to keep the engine cleaner by reducing carbon deposits, which will help maintain engine performance and durability. Refer to www.toptiergas.com for a list of TOP TIER® Detergent Gasoline retailers. Alternatively, the logo shown below on the retailer’s fuel pump will confirm that TOP TIER® Detergent Gasoline is being dispensed.
0000869608.png

If TOP TIER® Detergent Gasoline is not available, adding Polaris Carbon Clean to the fuel tank at every oil change will help reduce carbon deposits.
Seasonal Blends
Polaris recommends using gasoline that is purchased during the season the vehicle is being used, especially summer vs. winter. Between seasons, refineries typically change the gasoline blend to avoid temperature induced engine performance issues. Winter blend gasoline improves engine starting in cold weather and summer blend gasoline helps prevent vapor lock issues in hot weather.
Parent topic: Operating Guidelines

Last edited:
Here is a link with a ton of maintenance videos from Polaris:

Back