Front Accessory Port - Plug Type

browettm

Jul 3, 2023
Reno, NV
Hi all,

As I like many continue to wait for my ADV5, can anyone tell me what type of connection pin plugs into the 12v accessory port at the front of the machine? Want to get my diesel heater wired up to plug into that so I can run it off the UTV battery to heat the tent!

Thanks!

the plug hole in the front right side uses this type of plug and connect to this charger. also, the charger can be set for flooded agm or lithium batteries. I have both of these and I am currently using them while the expedition is at home in the garage.
Amazon product ASIN B005DUMADCAmazon product ASIN B07W3QT226
So can I wire anything I want to the plug or does that plug only connect to that trickle charger? Best I can tell looks like the type of plug is SAE based on your post. Thanks for both though! Great wireless trickle charger solution.

Last edited:
So can I wire anything I want to the plug or does that plug only connect to that trickle charger? Best I can tell looks like the type of plug is SAE based on your post. Thanks for both though! Great wireless trickle charger solution.
It should be wired directly to the battery. You can plug a charger in there or use it for a power source. I don't know what size fuse it has but look into that before you draw too much power from it.

It should be wired directly to the battery. You can plug a charger in there or use it for a power source. I don't know what size fuse it has but look into that before you draw too much power from it.
Yes, my bad....I meant the SAE plug you posted the Amazon link to....didn't know if it was just a "pigtail" so to speak or a specific adaptor for the NOCO charger. I ended up finding what I was looking for. With these I can splice to my 12v diesel heater and then have the option to plug into the grill plug or plug into a traditional 12v socket with the adaptor. Lots of posts planned if I ever get my ride!!!

Amazon product ASIN B09H61HDFW
Amazon product ASIN B0813NRYMC

Back