This Is Going To Be Big - New Polaris Announcement 7.30.2023

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
May 16, 2023
Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 1.31.17 PM.png

It looks like the Xpedition isn't the only new machine Polaris is going to launch this year! It seems as though they are either going to release a big update to the Ranger line of vehicles or offer something completely new. The rear bed section on this teaser picture has me intrigued to find out more.

Nice! Excited to see what this is all about. I wonder if it will be a full size, four door EV RANGER?

Polaris just delivered their first EV Rangers from orders nearly 3 years ago.

My uninformed guess is a new Ranger platform. Polaris using the term Workhorse in the release when thats what theyve called the Ranger for many years. Ranger was due for an update and hope this is it. The interesting part will be, do they keep the 10ish inches of tavel as to not step on the Xpedition/General toes or do they finally give the Ranger some spirited riding chops?

Flat roofline, Xpedition taillights. This should be interesting. Hopefully quiter too.

I cannot understand what a tow/haul button could do for a CVT drive. Im hoping that this means a geared transmission.

I cannot understand what a tow/haul button could do for a CVT drive. Im hoping that this means a geared transmission.
Maybe it's something similar to the Can-Am Defender's Work Mode?

Maybe it's something similar to the Can-Am Defender's Work Mode?

Possible but Polaris has had the same modes for years now. That is nothing new. It just remaps throttle input.

Possible but Polaris has had the same modes for years now. That is nothing new. It just remaps throttle input.
True, in the video that did show a brief shot of the driver aggressively shifting the gear lever. Maybe that is a teaser for the geared transmission that you mentioned???

True, in the video that did show a brief shot of the driver aggressively shifting the gear lever. Maybe that is a teaser for the geared transmission that you mentioned???
Seems likely that the dash shifter will remain the H, L, N, R, P function. What I am hoping for, with zero inside knowledge, would be a geared transmission like on the Hondas. I dont see any paddle shifters like the Honda has in the teaser but they could be obscured by the glove or simply not included as this is a work, not sport, machine. Still, the ability to downshift before a big hill would be a great benefit.
Of course its still more likely than not that this is just wishful thinking and the CVT will live on.

Seems likely that the dash shifter will remain the H, L, N, R, P function. What I am hoping for, with zero inside knowledge, would be a geared transmission like on the Hondas. I dont see any paddle shifters like the Honda has in the teaser but they could be obscured by the glove or simply not included as this is a work, not sport, machine. Still, the ability to downshift before a big hill would be a great benefit.
Of course its still more likely than not that this is just wishful thinking and the CVT will live on.
Maybe the new Ranger will the Slingshot's AutoDrive transmission? Hydraulically Actuated Automated Manual (AutoDrive) 5 Speed Synchromesh w/ Reverse.

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING… Extreme Comfort Arrives 7.30.23 | Polaris Off Road Vehicles​

Looks like an updated Ranger. I do really like the middle seat folding down to become an armrest. Sometimes I really need that third seat and other I just want an armrest. I didn't see any paddle shifter or other things that would point to a shaft driven transmission so that was disappointing.

Looks like an updated Ranger. I do really like the middle seat folding down to become an armrest. Sometimes I really need that third seat and other I just want an armrest. I didn't see any paddle shifter or other things that would point to a shaft driven transmission so that was disappointing.
Yeah, it looks like the big shift lever we are used to seeing in the Ranger.

Back