Window fogging from ac .

RNBJones

Jul 27, 2023
Florida/South Dakota
Has anybody made vent deflectors yet .
IMG_0667.jpeg

Clayton, I'm pretty sure everyone understands what your saying. The problem is when any setting is used, other than the defroster setting, too much cold air still comes out of the defrost vents causing condensation on the windshield. This past heat wave I used the AC for the first time and it drove me nuts. Although too late now, as for an internal fix, the ducts leading to the defroster vents need to be better blocked off. Was gonna mention it and ask if others had the same problem, but forgot. Guess I got my answer.

Again, to clarify, when the face and feet vents are on, there's still way too much cold air coming out of the defrost vents.

RNBJones, they look like they rotate for when you do need the defrosters? Nice!

Last edited:
Clayton, I'm pretty sure everyone understands what your saying. The problem is when any setting is used, other than the defroster setting, too much cold air still comes out of the defrost vents causing condensation on the windshield. This past heat wave I used the AC for the first time and it drove me nuts. Although too late now, as for an internal fix, the ducts leading to the defroster vents need to be better blocked off. Was gonna mention it and ask if others had the same problem, but forgot. Guess I got my answer.

Again, to clarify, when the face and feet vents are on, there's still way too much cold air coming out of the defrost vents.

gotcha. Lots of airflow is what’s needed. Summer on a hot 35c day and winter when it’s -35c. It’s a necessary evil. Hope the windows don’t all fog up like my ranger crew does in the winter.

Yes aluminum and rotating.

Reactions: B B
gotcha. Lots of airflow is what’s needed. Summer on a hot 35c day and winter when it’s -35c. It’s a necessary evil. Hope the windows don’t all fog up like my ranger crew does in the winter.
Only window that fogged was front. I opened windshield first setting to let some air in . Deflectors run sittings for 30 minutes no fog .

Definitely something Polaris needs to look into. Airflow to the defrosters should be completely cut off unless defrosters are on. What good is it to have AC if you can't see out the windshield when using it? I'm not crazy about the HVAC selector switch either because I can barely feel it lock in to the selected position when changing settings. For what we've paid it should be better.

Back