You're not going to pay full price!

UtvWindowTint

Oct 26, 2023
Wisconsin
Folks,

I know I am new here, but I do believe in offering something to fellow members...

Use promo code "FORUM" on our website, and you'll get 10% off!

Now, full disclosure since I like to be transparent, we do run sales from time to time, and sometimes they have a better discount, however this discount for members will NOT end.

If we have a better deal running, go ahead and use that, but this will be for all time!

And thank you to everyone that I've talked to so far! I appreciate it!

I am in the process of installing this UTV Window Tint. I have all four side windows done. This is my first ever tint install. It is nice having perfectly cut film to start with. I used 35% ceramic tint all the way around except the windshield, where I used basically clear. I did the two rear windows first and kind of panicked when I saw white streaks and small bubbles afterwards. I searched the internet and found this was normal and would clear up in a few days. Sure enough the white streaks are gone and the bubbles have diminished greatly. Its only been a few days. I will do the rear tailgate window next. Based on the results after a few weeks of drying I will decide whether to do the windshield. If I still have bubbles on the other windows I won't be doing the windshield. I used a soapy storm door glass to hold the tint while I removed the plastic liner. You really have to pay attention to figure out the right tint piece for the window you are working on (side windows). It would be very easy to grab the wrong piece as they are not marked in any way. I will add that soapy spray water is your friend and you can't use too much! I am looking forward to seeing how much this tinting helps the marginal AC on these Xpeditions.

I am in the process of installing this UTV Window Tint. I have all four side windows done. This is my first ever tint install. It is nice having perfectly cut film to start with. I used 35% ceramic tint all the way around except the windshield, where I used basically clear. I did the two rear windows first and kind of panicked when I saw white streaks and small bubbles afterwards. I searched the internet and found this was normal and would clear up in a few days. Sure enough the white streaks are gone and the bubbles have diminished greatly. Its only been a few days. I will do the rear tailgate window next. Based on the results after a few weeks of drying I will decide whether to do the windshield. If I still have bubbles on the other windows I won't be doing the windshield. I used a soapy storm door glass to hold the tint while I removed the plastic liner. You really have to pay attention to figure out the right tint piece for the window you are working on (side windows). It would be very easy to grab the wrong piece as they are not marked in any way. I will add that soapy spray water is your friend and you can't use too much! I am looking forward to seeing how much this tinting helps the marginal AC on these Xpeditions.
First, thank you again for your business!

Second, thank you for this review... You brought up two good points!

The bubbles/wrinkles/soapy water, we do a pretty bad job at explaining this, I'll be the first to admit. We have sold kits as far north as Alaska, and I guess as far south as New Zealand, I'm just guessing the guy in New Zealand had his bubbles go away much quicker than the guy in Alaska!

But you are right, they will go away, but the windows and film need a decent amount of heat to do it. I would not recommend taking like a heat gun to them, but usually a day or two out in the sun works well. Seeing as where you are from, I'm sure you'll have no issues with the bubbles coming out. But more soap will just take a little more time. The soapy water thing isn't an exact science!

And the labeling of the pieces! YES! We actually DID label pieces in the past, with the label of which window it was to go to, on the clear liner... About 15 phone calls from different people later, we realized that people were NOT removing the liner and therefor the film would NOT stick, as the adhesive wasn't exposed. Yes. This really did happen. Yes, I do have photos to prove it.

First, thank you again for your business!

Second, thank you for this review... You brought up two good points!

The bubbles/wrinkles/soapy water, we do a pretty bad job at explaining this, I'll be the first to admit. We have sold kits as far north as Alaska, and I guess as far south as New Zealand, I'm just guessing the guy in New Zealand had his bubbles go away much quicker than the guy in Alaska!

But you are right, they will go away, but the windows and film need a decent amount of heat to do it. I would not recommend taking like a heat gun to them, but usually a day or two out in the sun works well. Seeing as where you are from, I'm sure you'll have no issues with the bubbles coming out. But more soap will just take a little more time. The soapy water thing isn't an exact science!

And the labeling of the pieces! YES! We actually DID label pieces in the past, with the label of which window it was to go to, on the clear liner... About 15 phone calls from different people later, we realized that people were NOT removing the liner and therefor the film would NOT stick, as the adhesive wasn't exposed. Yes. This really did happen. Yes, I do have photos to prove it.
I did my tint in the garage and that is where my machine has been sitting. So out in the sun it goes!. Thanks.

Back