Dealership Pre-Order?

browettm

Jul 3, 2023
Reno, NV
Hi all,

I am curious if anyone knows if there is a way Polaris can tell if a vehicle order is actually a dealer pre-order or not? I ordered my Xpedition ADV 5 Northstar on May 26th with an order confirmation email from Polaris arriving to me on June 2nd. I was told by my dealer it was #18 of 22 preorders the dealership had (not sure if they were all ADV 5's or just Xpeditions in general). I ask because it seems like most folks who pre-ordered have statuses beyond confirmed and some have even recieved their rides. Mine is STILL just showing confirmed. Wondering if it was actually a pre-order or not? I don't understand why mine is still showing just confirmed.
Screenshot_20230720_072349_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20230720_072427_Chrome.jpg

Well, this is frustrating. Called Polaris (granted customer service seems like a 3rd party operation). They said they only see what I see and have no way to see more or to reach out to anyone who is actually with Polaris to get better. They said call dealer. Dealer says they have no better and to call Polaris. After literally spending $60k (cash) on an ADV 5 Northstar with every item on the overland package EXCEPT the upgraded winch, beadlocks, and tires, you'd think I could get some better answers and service. There has to be staff at Polaris who can look into this further. It's coming up on two months. Pretty disappointing I'm getting the runaround. I was told mid July to early August for delivery. Something is either wrong or someone isn't being honest....

Likely that your dealer drug their feet when it came to submitting allocated orders. Some dealers will hold orders until they have deposits for all of their allocations and then submit one order. It helps the last guy in line to get the exact build he wants but harms the early orders.

Likely that your dealer drug their feet when it came to submitting allocated orders. Some dealers will hold orders until they have deposits for all of their allocations and then submit one order. It helps the last guy in line to get the exact build he wants but harms the early orders.

But I got the confirmation from Polaris on June 2nd which means the dealer submitted it before then right? I bought May 26th.

I just figured it out it's your name! I ordered May 20 and yes, I'm still at confirmed and yes, my name is Michael 🤣

All kidding aside it's very frustrating, especially when I just went yesterday and test drove my originally ordered 23 Ranger North Star. This Xpedition better be comfortable cause the only reason I didn't take the Ranger home was the bench seat. I got more medal in me (mostly back) than the nuts and bolts isle of Lowe's and Home Depot put together. Comfort was/is my deciding factor. Hope I'm making the right decision. Someone tell me I'm making the right decision!!!

And yes, I called the dealer four times and all four times he told me he would talk to their Rep. and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back.

As for wondering if my order was actually one of their pre-orders, I'm right there with ya. The way I see it somebody has a "pre-order" list so............

I just figured it out it's your name! I ordered May 20 and yes, I'm still at confirmed and yes, my name is Michael 🤣

All kidding aside it's very frustrating, especially when I just went yesterday and test drove my originally ordered 23 Ranger North Star. This Xpedition better be comfortable cause the only reason I didn't take the Ranger home was the bench seat. I got more medal in me (mostly back) than the nuts and bolts isle of Lowe's and Home Depot put together. Comfort was/is my deciding factor. Hope I'm making the right decision. Someone tell me I'm making the right decision!!!

And yes, I called the dealer four times and all four times he told me he would talk to their Rep. and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back.

As for wondering if my order was actually one of their pre-orders, I'm right there with ya. The way I see it somebody has a "pre-order" list so............
Ha! Probably is our names! I bet this will be a way better ride than a Ranger. I'm coming up to this from a six seat Yamaha Viking.....I can tell you riding in a General compared to the Viking is like riding on a cloud and I've heard chatter the ride on the Xpeditions may be a touch better than the General. Good things come to those who wait, but dang, Id take at least a scheduled build at this point! Makes me feel like Ill be hearing about how "things were messed up with my order" come mid August 🤦

And yeah, guaranteed someone at Polaris has that list and knows exactly when and where the preorders are going.....

Last edited:
Ha! Probably is our names! I bet this will be a way better ride than a Ranger. I'm coming up to this from a six seat Yamaha Viking.....I can tell you riding in a General compared to the Viking is like riding on a cloud and I've heard chatter the ride on the Xpeditions may be a touch better than the General. Good things come to those who wait, but dang, Id take at least a scheduled build at this point! Makes me feel like Ill be hearing about how "things were messed up with my order" come mid August 🤦
Oddly, I've had two major back surgeries too!

This Xpedition better be comfortable cause the only reason I didn't take the Ranger home was the bench seat. I got more medal in me (mostly back) than the nuts and bolts isle of Lowe's and Home Depot put together. Comfort was/is my deciding factor. Hope I'm making the right decision. Someone tell me I'm making the right decision!!!
I can confirm these machines are comfortable. The front seats in my XP5 Ultimate have slightly more bolstering than the General, the power steering is extremely smooth and easy to steer and the ride is so much smoother than my 2019 General 4 was with $5k into the suspension. The rear seats are less comfortable than the General since it’s a bench seat but it’s unlikely I’ll ever ride back there so it doesn’t bother me 😂

It’s hard to describe how comfortable these machines really are, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Reactions: B B
I've been known to have multiple personalities hope I'm not talking to myself. This could get real expensive 🤪
LOL! Now that is funny! You should probably upgrade that winch and get those beadlocks on "your" machine 🤣

I can confirm these machines are comfortable. The front seats in my XP5 Ultimate have slightly more bolstering than the General, the power steering is extremely smooth and easy to steer and the ride is so much smoother than my 2019 General 4 was with $5k into the suspension. The rear seats are less comfortable than the General since it’s a bench seat but it’s unlikely I’ll ever ride back there so it doesn’t bother me 😂

It’s hard to describe how comfortable these machines really are, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Great to hear about the comfort levels. Still upset with Polaris a bit since they said only the Northstar Trim Package would be available in 2023 with the others not available until 2024 and you're already rolling in yours! Well done sir! - Oppps - upon further research looks like its just the Premium trim that is pushed out to 2024.

Last edited:
Great to hear about the comfort levels. Still upset with Polaris a bit since they said only the Northstar Trim Package would be available in 2023 with the others not available until 2024 and you're already rolling in yours! Well done sir! - Oppps - upon further research looks like its just the Premium trim that is pushed out to 2024.

Ultimate and Northstar was always set for Summer of 2023. The Premium was 2024

My dealer just got a store stock unit in. I thought customer's orders were supposed to be first? Guess not so I will keep waiting..

My dealer just got a store stock unit in. I thought customer's orders were supposed to be first? Guess not so I will keep waiting..
That definitely sounds weird. Unless their stock order is the different model from yours. Our dealer got mine and my brother’s XPs in but no ADVs yet.

Back