Howdy fromTX & MN

Cabin Fever

Aug 7, 2023
Minnesota
Good to see the Xpedition Forum off to a good start. Currently in a General and test drove the Xpedition over the weekend. Appreciate reading informative post and gaining insight from the community.
we spend our riding time in central and eastern MN & occasionally western Wisconsin.

Good to see the Xpedition Forum off to a good start. Currently in a General and test drove the Xpedition over the weekend. Appreciate reading informative post and gaining insight from the community.
we spend our riding time in central and eastern MN & occasionally western Wisconsin.
Welcome to site @Cabin Fever 🍻

Welcome. We have a 2 seater General at our CO vacation home and a Ranger and Turbo R here. The new Xpedition XP5 will go to CO next spring to replace the General

Welcome to the Forum! How did you think the Xpedition compares to the General?

Welcome. We have a 2 seater General at our CO vacation home and a Ranger and Turbo R here. The new Xpedition XP5 will go to CO next spring to replace the General

What part of Colorado? We've been looking at getting a place up there near Durango/Pagosa Springs.

What part of Colorado? We've been looking at getting a place up there near Durango/Pagosa Springs.
Westcliffe. It's a few hours closer to Texas to shorten our long drive. It's about 1 hour from Pueblo, Canon City or Salida so not too bad if you need something from a big city. Good SxS riding is about an hour and a half away (St Elmo, Tin cup, Mt Antero, etc)

Westcliffe. It's a few hours closer to Texas to shorten our long drive. It's about 1 hour from Pueblo, Canon City or Salida so not too bad if you need something from a big city. Good SxS riding is about an hour and a half away (St Elmo, Tin cup, Mt Antero, etc)
Small world! I used to be a deputy in Chaffee County. Very familiar with all the country you mention! I wish side by sides had been in existence when I worked there!! All ATVs back then....1999-2005.

Small world! I used to be a deputy in Chaffee County. Very familiar with all the country you mention! I wish side by sides had been in existence when I worked there!! All ATVs back then....1999-2005.
We have a couple places to ride in our county (Custer) but nothing as nice as Chaffee County has.. We have been riding SxS in Colorado since 2013. Summer's a great time to get out of the heat in TX. We always go through Westcliffe and thought it was a nice town.. Salida or even better Nathrop would have been closer to the trails...... Things have changed though on the road to St Elmo- you can only ride SxS on part of the road. So if you want to do Mt Antero you have to park there, do it, then come back, load up again and drive down to St Elmo and unload again.. I guess too many speeders on that road...

Hope you can find a place!

Welcome to the Forum! How did you think the Xpedition compares to the General?
Sorry for the tardy reply. The cab on Xpedition was roomy and comfortable with good seats. I believe the Xpedition and General both offer an option between the RZR and Ranger. Xpedition was the ADV model and was louder and operated at higher RPM than I was accustomed to. The Xpedition is far more refined and offers the obvious creature comforts of the Northstar. We have larger tires and Dura clutch on our General that also lowered the RPM range. I would lean towards the Xpedition in the XP version and larger tires to lower RPMs to lower noise. Can’t go wrong with either machin.

Sorry for the tardy reply. The cab on Xpedition was roomy and comfortable with good seats. I believe the Xpedition and General both offer an option between the RZR and Ranger. Xpedition was the ADV model and was louder and operated at higher RPM than I was accustomed to. The Xpedition is far more refined and offers the obvious creature comforts of the Northstar. We have larger tires and Dura clutch on our General that also lowered the RPM range. I would lean towards the Xpedition in the XP version and larger tires to lower RPMs to lower noise. Can’t go wrong with either machin.

Appreciate the feedback! My last UTV was a Can-Am Defender but I'll be looking at getting a new Polaris probably sometime next spring. I'm also considering the new Ranger XD.

Back