Oil filter relocation kit.

JTBarlow

Jun 26, 2023
NV
If anyone knows or is an Aftermarket Manufacturer, this isn’t an issue specific to the Xpedition but all Polaris machines except the Pro R… and possibly other brands, but the oil filter is quite difficult to access on non-A/C machines and far worse on the Northstars.
I would think that making an oil filter relocation kit would be relatively easy. A billet oil filter cap with 2 fittings, 2 hoses and a mountable oil filter housing. I simply don’t have the equipment to build my own.
I would also think this would be something quite a few people would be interested in. If they were also made for the Generals and Rangers, then even more potential sales.

Evidently I should spend a little more time researching before posting 😂

So here’s changing this post to one for anyone looking for a relocation kit.

While this is for the General, it can work for the Xpedition as well. This is going to save a lot of hassle on oil changes.

Evidently I should spend a little more time researching before posting 😂

So here’s changing this post to one for anyone looking for a relocation kit.

While this is for the General, it can work for the Xpedition as well. This is going to save a lot of hassle on oil changes.
Great idea. My oil change a few weeks ago resulted in a mess, a little bit of blood and a lot of swearing. Where are you mounting the remote?

Great idea. My oil change a few weeks ago resulted in a mess, a little bit of blood and a lot of swearing. Where are you mounting the remote?
Probably on the metal crossbar under the back wall of the cab on the passenger side. Looks like it should be accessible even on the Northstars and away from the exhaust. A couple nutserts into the tube so I don’t have to drill through into the cab to bolt it on should work.
IMG_6912.jpeg

I like the idea. id just be afraid of ripping a line off or producing a leak
I do plan on getting the kit and I’ll let y’all know how it goes. I think with proper mounting and good quality hoses there shouldn’t be any issues.

Back